10 reasons to do National Novel Writing Month this year:
- The pride and achievement of writing 50,000 words in 30 days.
- Numerous e-mail peptalks from authors, such as Lemony Snickett.
- We have a Travelling Shovel of Death. Enough said.
- Where else can you have discussions about Do cats have menopause and How much wool does it take to knit a jersey for a giraffe? Seriously. Where?
- If you finish this year, createspace will print and ship a free copy of your book to you. (Yes, anywhere in the world.) You have six months to finish and submit the book, so it also makes a good editing deadline.
- See 5 above.
- I don’t have an item 7, but since it is my favourite number I will write something anyway.
- Chicks love a writer. Drop phrases like “My latest novel” into conversations, while earnestly scribbling in a notebook, and they’ll just line up to throw themselves at you.
- An opportunity to interact with lots of fun people on the forums.
- Item 10 is so cool, I can’t even tell you about it. Sign up at NaNoWriMo.org and you’ll find out all about it.