I wrote a story a while ago about a dragon. It was funny, but it wasn’t that good. So I did a bit of rewriting recently, and I have published it again over at fictionpress. It is called Dragon Deception – Rewrite.
You can also find the original over there in three instalments.
For those of you who are interested in the writing process, these are the changes I made:
- I moved the middle to the beginning to kick it off with some action and humour.
- I cut out many adverbs, and made the scene more descriptive if the verb could not stand on it’s own.
- I left more to the readers imagination, and explained less.
- I tidied up the punctuation and sentence structure.
- I removed about 10% of the words to make it runs faster.
Tell me what you think if the re-writes; either here or on fictionpress.